From time to time we run public events such as workshops and business forums.
Business Olympics was inspired by a desire to bring together local business men and women to network, talk about business issues and learn something new over a delicious breakfast. And as we held our first one during the week the Olympic Torch passed through our area, we decided to base the sessions around the Olympics to make it fun!
The meetings are held on a quarterly basis and have the following format:
- Pass the torch – to connect everyone in the room
- Nutrition – in the form of a delicious breakfast
- Limbering up – an energiser to get the group working together
- Getting into training – a learning bite (we’ve had the hurdles about managing change, the marathon about customer service, gymnastics about how to have difficult conversations)
- Medals – packs, certificates of attendance
- Teamwork – networking
Benefits of Attending …
This event has so many benefits, here are just ten off the top of my head:
- it provides you with ideas, tools and techniques that you can implement as soon as you get back to the work place
- the speakers are masters of their field
- attendees tell us they go away buzzing with new ideas
- you meet other like-minded forward thinking business people in North London
- it facilitates the learning of skills that are usually only provided to big business, but you get it all at a fraction of the cost
- it creates a space for you to share workplace issues and get advice from your peers around the table
- as numbers are limited, we have great discussions where we learn from one another as well as the speakers
- we provide you with a certificate of attendance, so that the session can also be used as part of your C.P.D.
- the yummy breaksfast gives you energy for the rest of the day
- it’s held in a great facility in Building 3 at the North London Business Park with lots of free parking – but make sure you get a permit from reception