Delegation is often regarded as pushing work onto others to do the job rather than getting on and doing it yourself. However, when work is delegated properly it has really positive impacts and is one of the most important management skills. Initially it frees you up to get on with the work that really requires your full attention and secondly it expands your team members’ knowledge and skill set.
To delegate effectively and ensure that you are getting the right results you need to remember some key pointers so that your team don’t feel that you are dumping additional work on them. This workshop looks at the areas you need to be aware of and provides you with some practical solutions.
Outline of the workshop
- Understanding what stops you from delegating
- Taking control of your own time
- Developing your team to deliver more
- Effective delegation techniques
- Levels of delegation
- Your role as the delegator
- Selecting the individual
- What happens at the end of the delegated activity
- Recognising that it takes time to free up time
- To understand how delegation can have a win/win effect
- To learn and complete the steps to successful delegation
- To recognise the emotions that you may experience eg guilt, frustration etc
- To see delegation as a positive management tool
- To understand your role as well as that of the individual
Who should attend?
- If you are new to managing a team or find it difficult to share your workload with others, this workshop is ideal for you. You and your team will be able to achieve much more as a result.