Good facilitation makes life easier, gains involvement from others and minimises conflict. If a meeting is facilitated well, you’ll find it more effective, more enjoyable and you’ll also retain the information for a longer period of time. Everyone who attends will feel that they are a valuable part of the group and that they’ve made a real contribution. How many meetings can you think of that can be described in such a way?
This workshop will provide you with the skills, tools and techniques to be more facilitative in your approach, whether it is a special meeting that you are running or in your day to day management of your team.
Outline of the workshop
- The role and context of facilitation
- The role of the facilitator
- Preparing, planning and running productive meetings
- The problems facilitators face – minimising conflict etc
- Facilitation tools
- Participation techniques
- A full understanding of the role of the facilitator and how it differs to chairing a meeting
- A clear view of the different roles during preparation and facilitation of a session
- A knowledge of how their style can be adapted to become more facilitative and what impact it will have on their own team
- A tool bag of hints, tips and techniques to use whether holding a one to one meeting, team meeting or organising a large meeting
- The ability to lead people through processes towards an agreed objective in a way that encourages contribution, participation and ownership by all involved.
Who should attend?
- Anyone who wants to be more engaging in their style whether in a meeting or in their day to day management style.