Conflicts arise for a variety of reasons and are often inevitable. However, when they’re managed well can often stimulate innovation and lead to better decision making. It’s up to you and how you deal with conflict that determines whether it will help or hinder your organisation.
In this workshop we work from the basis that conflict is normal. We then work through a process to define the steps which take the issue through to the resolution phase involving the necessary parties. By bringing an issue out into the open and having frank discussions about it, office politics are kept to a minimum
Outline of the workshop
- What is conflict and why does it occur?
- What are conflicts about and who do they involve?
- The characteristics of politically motivated individuals and how to manage them
- A step by step process to manage conflict
- Increasing communications to reduce ambiguity
- Turning negative language into positive
- Spending time on what you can do rather than what you can’t
- To understand where conflict comes from and why it may arise
- To increase collaboration between teams
- To enable issues to be voiced objectively rather than being personal attacks
- To help people work towards win/win situations
- Using conflict to stimulate innovation
- Scenarios that are linked to the issues you face so you can practice managing them in a safe environment
Who should attend?
- If you feel that you aren’t managing the various people in your team well and they are beginning to have a negative impact on the rest of the group – this workshop will provide you with the relevant tools and techniques to manage conflict positively.