Did you know that between 60-80% of large organisational change fails through not enough time and energy being spent on the emotional impact of change? This means that you can have the best plan of action, but if you haven’t considered how you engage your people and the impact the change will have on them, in terms of their emotional reactions, you will be setting yourself up to fail.
Our focus is to build self awareness for each delegate so that they can understand how they react in certain situations. By using tried and tested models and techniques we work through the various stages of change to help delegates recognise why they may feel the way they do at certain points along the journey. This technique also helps them to understand that what they (or others) are experiencing is not only an important but a natural part of managing and embracing change. We then set to work on building your levels of resilience!
Outline of the workshop
- Recognising how you feel about change
- Understanding your proactive or reactive tendency and the impact it has
- Where do you spend most of your time during periods of change
- The emotional cycle of change and how you may be impacted at any stage
- Building levels of resilience
- To understand that emotional process that we need to go through so that we can plan effectively for any change
- To understand that it’s normal to react and feel the way we do
- When we are more self aware of how we handle situations we can focus on additional ways that can help us to improve further
- Building resilience helps us to bounce back from setbacks more quickly and cope with the ongoing pressures of day to day life. It’s needed in all walks of life
- If we focus on the emotional aspect of change as well as the process we can ensure that a lot more organisations are successful when implementing change!
Who should attend
- If you are about to undergo or are part way through some change in your life either at work or home this is a must for you. Whether you are experiencing the change yourself or managing others through it there are lots of tools, techniques and tips to help you manage and embrace change positively